Tuesday 9 March 2010

Lamb Dressed As Mutton !!












Or should I say mutton dressed as lamb......



I worry about what the finished Pendragon will look like. In one breath I want all the singing dancing mod cons, plain panels and shag pile carpets. And in the next breath I want reclaimed timber, Belfast sink & oak timber flooring......

Keep things neutral, don't put to much of your own taste into things. We are constantly bombarded with similar messages regarding our homes and if our homes are our boats is the same message true ?

One so call expert tells us:-
'unless all of your potential buyers are legally blind you must give serious attention as to how your interior decoration can compliment or hurt the selling price'



What is bad taste ? I found the photo below on a bad taste web site, I'm I wrong to quite like it





I want to restore Pendragon to her past glory but she was built in 1983, was there any glory in the eighty's ? what was the fashion in 1983 on canal boats ? All I can recall is boy George and Duran Duran, I feal a theme coming on.....

She is no spring chicken.... yet she is of no historical interest...what to do.........

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, unless you are being very traditional in doing up your boat, I wouldn't worry too much. Just do what floats your boat, pun intended! I too worried myself daft wondering how to have my boat done out. Eventually after listening to so many people saying how they would have it, I just did my own thing! I think all boats are great in their own individual way, as I am sure yours will be. A good way to pick up ideas, is to look on Apollo Duck at the boats for sale, a lot of them show the inside so you can take ideas from them but add your own twist! Just enjoy the experience!

    ReplyDelete