Tuesday 27 April 2010



OK I will start with the Health and Safety warning....

If your going to cut a great piece of steel out of the roof of your boat, it's best not to stand under it.

While my friend was cutting out the roof with a grinder on the outside we felt it was a good idea for me to stand under it, and then hold it in place and gentle lower to the ground.

It was to late when I realised it was far to heavy for me,I let go of it, it caught the new window, see photos for damage, then went through the new wood floor almost going all the way to the bottom of the canal....

After I regained consciousness I was a little upset at the damage, but was pleased to be alive and able to see the sky......

It's made a huge difference for me, being 6ft 5 I could not stand up fully any where on the boat, the new large dog box is over the kitchen, it works really well and makes the whole boat so light.

We have also started to put the wood in. Not long now until I'm sitting on deck sun bathing without a care in the world.I hope......

No comments:

Post a Comment